GP Extended Hours
Extended Access - Evenings and Weekends
We are pleased to be able to offer our patients access to routine, pre-booked appointments at evenings and weekends.
Extended hours run between 18:30 and 20:00 weekdays and 09:00 and 12:00 Saturday and Sunday and are available on bank holidays and across the Easter, Christmas and New Year periods.
Appointments are for pre-bookable, non-urgent consultations with GPs and Nurses and Physiotherapists.
We are working collaboratively with other surgeries in the area and the service will be provided from a number of these surgeries throughout the week. This service is managed by a federation of GPs in the Grantham area. This means that your appointment could be with a health professional from any of the federation practices. St John's will host appointments every Monday evening but we may have members of our team working during these hours but from other locations.
To arrange an appointment or to find out further information, please speak to your practice receptionist.
When booking an appointment you will need to consent to a Consulting Clinician that may not be your own GP viewing and updating your health record.
Important things to remember
- These are pre-bookable and not urgent, acute ‘on the day’ matters
- Booked in advance through your own GP reception
- May be with a health professional from any of the federation practices and may be located in a different surgery from your usual surgery
- Extended Access hours are between 18:30 and 20:00 weekdays and 09:00 and 12:00 Saturday and Sunday
- These appointments are additional capacity across the federation practices
- To arrange an appointment or for further information, please speak to a member of the reception team.