England | Scotland | Wales | Northern Ireland | Ireland
Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).
Get a test to check if you have coronavirus on GOV.UK
Find out about the main symptoms of coronavirus and what to do if you or your child has them.
Testing and tracing
Get a test to check if you have coronavirus, understand your test result and find out what to do if you're contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
Self-isolation and treating symptoms
Advice for people at higher risk from coronavirus, including older people, people with health conditions and pregnant women.
People at high risk
Social distancing and changes to everyday life
Advice about avoiding close contact with other people (social distancing), looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS and other services.
Take part in research
Find out about health research studies and how you may be able to take part.
GOV.UK: local restrictions and tiers
Information about restrictions and tiers in your area.
St Johns Medical Centre, 62 London Road, Grantham, NG31 6HRTel: 01476 34 84 84
Unfortunately due to the Coronavirus situation, the PPG meetings have been postponed until further notice.
Our Patient Participation Group [PPG]
The overall aim of the above group [PPG] is to develop an apolitical, positive and constructive relationship between the patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the Practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients' needs.
Our group key roles are:-
1. Create and improve two-way communication between the patients, the practice and the community it serves.
2. To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients, but be able to constructively challenge the practice whenever necessary.
3. Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services.
4. Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
5. Support the practice in good health promotion, preventative medicine and health literacy.
6. Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the Practice to evaluate its services.
Patient Participation Group membership
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG.
The group will endeavour to be truly representative by involving patients from all sections of the community where possible.
It will ensure that it works positively and constructively with the Practice to make recommendations and support changes where necessary and feedback information to the Practice/local community on decisions made.
Those taking part in the PPG discussions will agree to abide by the following rules.
1. PPG meetings are not a forum for individual complaints or issues.
2. The group will advocate open and honest communication.
3. The group will be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other.
4. The group will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results.
5. Silence indicates agreement – individual input is required.
6. All views are valid and will be listened to.
7. Minutes and action points will be recorded and published on the Practice website.
September 2018 PPG Minutes
June 2016 Minutes
September 2016 PPG Meeting Minutes
December 2016 PPG Meeting Minutes
We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
To help us with this, we have set up a patient participation group so that you can have your say. We will ask the members of this representative group some questions from time to time, such as what you think about our opening times or the quality of the care or service you received. We will contact you via email and keep our surveys succinct so it shouldn’t take too much of your time.
We aim to gather as many patients from as broad a spectrum as possible to get a truly representative sample. We need young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
May 2020 – Date to be confirmed
All meetings start at 6:16pm and are held at
St John's Medical Centre in the
Downstairs Reception Area
Contact the Patient Group with your feedback, suggestion, comment or question. Please do not use
this form for complaints - these should always be directed to the Practice Manager
Note that by using this form, you will be sending information about yourself across
the Internet. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should
be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter
concerns you then you should use another method to notify us of your comment.
Your IP address (220.127.116.11) will be sent
with your communication. In rare cases where abuse or criminal activity can be shown
to have taken place this may be used by the authorities to trace you.