Our Patient Participation Group [PPG]
The overall aim of the above group [PPG] is to develop an apolitical, positive and constructive relationship between the patients, the Practice and the community it serves, ensuring the Practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients' needs.
Our group key roles are:-
1. Create and improve two-way communication between the patients, the practice and the community it serves.
2. To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients, but be able to constructively challenge the practice whenever necessary.
3. Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services.
4. Provide constructive two-way feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests.
5. Support the practice in good health promotion, preventative medicine and health literacy.
6. Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the Practice to evaluate its services.
Patient Participation Group membership
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG.
The group will endeavour to be truly representative by involving patients from all sections of the community where possible.
It will ensure that it works positively and constructively with the Practice to make recommendations and support changes where necessary and feedback information to the Practice/local community on decisions made.
Those taking part in the PPG discussions will agree to abide by the following rules.
1. PPG meetings are not a forum for individual complaints or issues.
2. The group will advocate open and honest communication.
3. The group will be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other.
4. The group will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results.
5. Silence indicates agreement – individual input is required.
6. All views are valid and will be listened to.
7. Minutes and action points will be recorded and published on the Practice website.